If you’re a blogger that uses WordPress.com we have some good news for you today. Now, you can also share the pearltrees you like most with your readers!
If you’ve tried to embed a whole pearltree in your WordPress.com hosted blog before you may already know that this was impossible. Luckily for you (and for us) a cool attendee at the LeWeb10 Conference we now have the solution! It requires 2 minutes and the use of another service: vodpod, but once you register an account with them, it’s fast, easy, and free.
Here’s the process:
- First, you need to go on www.vodpod.com and sign in. Registration is free and only takes a moment!
- Then, click on the Add Video button and copy / paste the embed code of the pearltree you want to embed
- Be careful – because this is a little hack you may encounter some bugs. We’ve discovered that if you mouse over the pearls of the embed while Vodpod is creating your video, it may cause the site to crash – to avoid this problem please pay attention as to where you place your mouse cursor.
- The next step is to open your video, which has been put on the bar on the upper side of the screen.
- Then click on share
- And now you just need to copy the code you will get behind the link “wordpress.com shortcode”
- Paste it in the HTML section of your blog and… that’s it! You’ve got an embed on your blog